Due to the nature of charity donations and because ATHARVANIC KRIYA FOUNDATION regularly remits funds overseas to international programs, we are under no obligation to give refunds. Decisions on refunds will be at the discretion of Atharvanic Kriya Foundation’s management.
If a donation is refunded, the associated tax receipt is no longer valid so it should be securely destroyed. Please note it is your responsibility to submit only correct receipts to the Australian Tax Office.
Donations and Refunds
Atharvanic Kriya Foundation accepts all donations in good faith, including monthly gifts to our local and international program. Whilst we understand entirely that everyone has different preferences regarding donations and that sometimes it is not convenient to give, we will not refund a donation that has been knowingly and voluntarily given to us.
- We will refund if there was an error made by Atharvanic Kriya Foundation or one of our agents.
- We will refund if the donation was provided by a vulnerable person.
- We may refund if the donor entered the wrong amount.
- We may refund if there are exceptional circumstances.
Should an error in the donation amount be detected and a request for refund made after 90 days have expired, Atharvanic Kriya Foundation regrets that we are unable to issue a refund.
Atharvanic Kriya Foundation is a non-profit charity organisation, and we reserve the right to deduct any bank or transaction charges for any refund processed onto the donor.
Change of Mind about your Donation Once you have donated to Atharvanic Kriya Foundation we cannot give refunds if you change your mind. For this reason, that we ask that you make your decision to donate to us carefully.
Errors by Atharvanic Kriya Foundation Should an error be made by Atharvanic Kriya Foundation, one of our representatives or our financial institution(s), we will process a refund as soon as possible when notification of the error is received, and all costs will be borne by us.
Applying for a Refund If you wish to apply for a refund, please submit your request by providing your full name, Supporter ID (if known), full mailing address and phone number. Please include details of how you made the donation, the date and amount given and the circumstances justifying your request. Upon receipt we will review your application and respond within 2 business days.
Approval of refunds If the donation amount is over $1,000 and/or exceptional circumstances are present, a refund request must be escalated and approved by the COO and Fundraising Director.
Please send your request in writing to:
Atharvanic Kriya Foundation
5/45 Westbury Street
St Kilda East, Victoria 3183
Direct Debit Request (DDR) Service Agreement
The following is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with Atharvanic Kriya Foundation.
The agreement is designed to explain what your obligations are when undertaking a Direct Debit arrangement with us. It also details what our obligations are to you as your direct debit provider.
Account means the account held at your financial institution from which we are authorized to arrange for funds to be debited.
Agreement means this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement between you and us.
Business Day means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia.
Debit Day means the day that payment by you to us is due.
Debit Payment means a particular transaction where a debit is made.
Direct Debit Request means the Direct Debit Request between us and you.
Atharvanic Kriya Foundation means the fundraising program and collection account owned and operated by Atharvanic Kriya Foundation.
Us or We means ATHARVANIK KRIYA FOUNDATION, the Debit User you have authorised by signing.
You mean the Donor who signed the direct debit request.
Your Financial Institution is the financial institution where you hold the account that you have authorized us to arrange to debit.
Debiting your account
- By signing a direct debit request, you have authorized us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account. Funds will be debited from your account as soon as your details are received by us in the first instance. You should refer to the direct debit request and this agreement for the terms of the ongoing arrangement between us and you.
- We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorized in the direct debit request; OR if we have sent to the address nominated by you in the direct debit request, a billing advice which specifies the amount payable by you to us and when it due.
- If the debit day falls on a day that is not a business day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following business day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited you should ask your financial institution.
Changes by us
- We may vary any details of this agreement or a direct debit request at you at least fourteen (14) days’ written notice.
Changes by you any time by giving
- You may change the arrangements under a direct debit request by contacting the Atharvanic Kriya Foundation by email.
- If your wish to stop or defer a debit payment you must notify us at least 14 days before the next debit day in one of the following ways: a) Via email: (see clause 3.1 above) b) Via letter: Atharvanic Kriya Foundation, 5/45 Westbury Street, St Kilda East, Victoria 3183, Australia.
Please ensure you can provide the necessary information to personally identify yourself as the donor (i.e.: your donor ID).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the direct debit request.
- If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment: (a) You may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution; (b) You may also incur fees or charges imposed or incurred by us; and (c) You must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method or arrange for sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can process the debit payment.
- You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
- If Atharvanic Kriya Foundation is liable to pay goods and services tax (‘GST’) on a supply made in connection with this agreement, then you agree to pay Atharvanic Kriya Foundation on demand an amount equal to the consideration payable for the supply multiplied by the prevailing GST rate.
- If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us on +61424387333 and confirm that notice in writing with us as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query more quickly.
- If we conclude, as a result of our investigations, that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
- If we conclude, as a result of our investigations, that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding.
- Any queries you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to us in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter between us and you. If we cannot resolve the matter, you can still refer it to your financial institution, which will obtain details from you of the disputed transaction and may lodge a claim on your behalf.
You should check:
- With your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
- That the account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and
- With your financial institution before completing the direct debit request if you have any queries about how to complete the direct debit request.
Confidentiality and Privacy
- We will keep any information (including your account details) in your direct debit request confidential. We will take reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we hold about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction, or disclosure of that information.
- We will only disclose information that we have about you: (a) To the extent specifically required by law; or (b) For the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to this agreement, you should write to: Atharvanic Kriya Foundation, 5/45 Westbury Street, St Kilda East, Victoria 3183, Australia, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org And quote the serial number from this form.
- If we wish to notify you in writing about anything we will send a notice in the ordinary post to the address you have given us in the direct debit request, or by email, according to your preferred contact method.
Use of Atharvanic Kriya Foundation name and logo
- Atharvanic Kriya Foundation retains all rights to the Atharvanic Kriya Foundation name and logo. Signing this agreement does NOT authorise an individual or organisation, the right to use the Atharvanic Kriya Foundation name and/or logo in any form, unless approved in writing by Atharvanic Kriya Foundation. All requests to do so should be directed to the address in 8.1 above.